Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sea shells




So this is really not a necessity to organizing my house, but my decorative vases put a smile on my face. I think they help to create a peaceful mood as I visualize the ocean and beach and the waves and the sparkling blue waters....

I just love groups of things in glass vases and I especially enjoy putting seasonal items in the vases. With our baby on the way,
who knows when I'll find the time to fiddle around with them again. I am finally taking out the Christmas ornaments.


:: My little one's basket of sea shells in her playstand "workshop". She has always enjoyed sorting and organizing and playing with them. Her basket of shells comes out everyday. We even had some fun this summer painting some shells.





:: With some books from the library, especially, A First Look at Seashells by Millicent E. Selsam and Joyce Hunt, we are getting help learning how to identify seashells. This book was perfect for my 4-1/2 year old. Here's a closer look.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin