Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer songs, verses, and fingerplay for children


Summer sun
The summer sun in the sky

Shining, shining up so high
Makes it warm for outside fun
To play at the park and run

To swim hike and fish

And go on a picnic, if you wish!



Mister Sun
Oh Mister Sun, Sun,
Mister Golden Sun,
Please shine down on me

Oh Mister Sun, Sun,
Mister Golden Sun,
Hiding behind a tree...

These little children
Are asking you
To please come out
So we can play with you

Oh Mister Sun, Sun,
Mister Golden Sun,
Please shine down on me!


Rainbow Song
Rainbow purple
Rainbow blue
Rainbow green
And yellow too
Rainbow orange
Rainbow red
Rainbow shining over head.

Come and count
The colors with me
How many colors
Can you see?
1-2-3 on down to green
4-5-6 colors can be seen


A Sunbeams Kiss
Can you guess what woke me this morning,
What made me jump out of bed?
'Twas a sunbeam's kiss on my forehead,
That said, "Wake up, sleepyhead!"


Pickin' up strawberries
Pickin' up strawberries, put 'em in the basket
Pickin' up strawberries, put 'em in the basket
Pickin' up strawberries, put 'em in the basket
Way down yonder in the strawberry patch


The Caterpillar
The fuzzy little caterpillar went up into a tree (act like you're climbing)
Spun his cocoon and then (yawn) went to sleep (spin hands)
While he was sleeping he dreamt that he could fly (making flying motion)
When he woke up (loud & excited) he was a butterfly!

Butterfly Song
First comes a butterfly and lays an egg.
Out comes a caterpillar with so many legs.
Oh see the caterpillar spin and spin and spin,
A little chrysalis to sleep in.

Oh, oh, oh, wait and see
Oh, oh, oh, wait and see
Out of the chrysalis, my oh my,
Out comes a beautiful butterfly!


Flutter, Flutter, Butterfly
Flutter, flutter, butterfly
Floating in the summer sky
Floating by for all to see
Floating by so merrily
Flutter, flutter, butterfly
Beautiful colors in the summer sky.

Buzzing Bees
Bees, bees, bees, bees
Buzzing in bushes and buzzing in trees
Buzzing around, wherever they please
There's nothing so sweet
As sweet as a honey bee.

John the rabbit
(a call and response song)
Oh, John the Rabbit! (Oh yes!)
Oh, John the Rabbit! (Oh yes!)
You have a mighty bad habbit (Oh yes!)
Of jumping in my garden (Oh yes!)
And eating all my cabbage. (Oh yes!)
You ate my totatoes (Oh yes!)
And sweet potatoes (Oh yes!)
And if I live (Oh yes!)
To see next fall (Oh yes!)
I won't plant (Oh yes!)
A garden at all. (Oh yes!)

The bunny
Here is a bunny with ears so funny (hold one hand face up and with other hand have fingers hop up and down)
Here is his hole in the ground (join thumb and index finger to make O)
At the first sound he hears
He pricks up his ears (hold up index finger and middle finger to make V)
And jumps to his hole in the ground. (V jumps into O)


My Garden
This is my garden, I'll rake it with care
And then some flower seeds I'll plant there.
The sun will shine
The rain will fall
And my garden will blossom and grow big and tall.


The Gardening Song
First you take a shovel, a rake, and a hoe
Plant a little garden, plant seeds in a row
Water them and weed them through all the summer heat
And then you'll have some flowers or vegetables to eat


1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am just putting together our summer fun guide and plan to use these. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin