Saturday, September 18, 2010

do you know how to fly?

do you know how to fly? well, i am trying to fly. but not up in the air, silly. i am trying to fly in my home. that's right. flying inside via help from the flylady.

i have searched around her website (she also has books) and i think i have the jist of what she is trying to say. basically, consistently do her suggested routines so that they become second nature to you. you will always be a step ahead in your cleaning, and you'll be dressed and ready for company at any time. you'll have a clean sink and bathroom all the time.

i signed up for the daily emailing list, which is rather lengthy, but i am just working on the daily flight plan and mission (it follows the daily flight plan)  i am focusing on my bedtime routine, morning routine and decluttering in small increments. there is a weekly home blessing, where she wants you to set the clock and do all the sweeping, moping, dusting, etc in 1 hour. it takes me far longer to do this, but i think i will be getting more efficient as a practice this more? we'll see because i am not sure if this is possible and i do have a smaller house.

she has a monthly focus and this month is the before bed routine and beginner steps on her website.


anyone else try flying yet?

4 comments:

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

Thanks for the post. This is something my husband and I discuss almost daily. I am just a mess. I didn't use to be, but in the kast two years something has changed and not for the better. I'm headed over to check it out.

Have a peaceful week.

Rachel~At the Butterfly Ball said...

This is something I have tried in the past. It is a very handy tool, my only complaint were the constant reminder emails... I simply was not checking my email as often as they came in and by the end of the day my inbox was overflowing! However once you get in the habit of following those routines they really work! It is incredible!!! Good luck, can't wait to hear about your progress.
~Rachel

Renee said...

i love flylady. i don't follow it all exactly but i use many of her tricks. swish & swipe and fifteen minute pick-ups are the best.

christine ~ ourdayourjourney said...

the swish & swipe and 15 minute pick-ups are so quick and easy.

not sure if the flylady streamlined her email as i receive 1 daily. I just click on the "flight plan" so i find it very easy.

now, i'm off to my bedtime routine :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin