Thursday, June 26, 2008

June perennials

I am sad to see the alliums color fade, but I love to leave the seed heads around, as they add visual interest. Now, I can enjoy the beauty of my labor. A garden is indeed a labor of love. 


My little one enjoying the bountiful Scabiosa columbaria 'Butterfly Blue'



Scabiosa columbaria 'Butterfly Blue' and Salvia nemorosa 'Caradonna'


My grandmother hooked me on this plant. Digitalis purpurea 'Camelot' is eye catching. 


Veronica spicata 'Red Fox' was such an abundant bloomer, I had to add more plants this year. 

Anemone multifida "Annabella' produces such a delicate rose bloom. One of my favorite parts is the rounded flower head it leaves behind. 


For the butterflies, Asclepias incarnata


One of my all time favorites, Hydrangea 'Endless Summer'


Surprisingly tall for the front of my border, Nepeta Sunsessillis. I will have to move a few plants around this fall.


Centaurea dealbata will bloom again.


Anthemis 'Susann Mitchell' is overflowing with blooms


How could I refuse this?? Sanguisorba menziesii is so interesting and fuzzy.


Another favorite, Enchinacea purpurea 'Magnus'. 


Not a perennial for my zone, but Lantana Landmark 'Peach Sunrise' is better than I anticipated. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin