Monday, November 30, 2009

the light of advent


:: i am a little embarrassed to say that i have finally put away my halloween decorations, today. the christmas boxes were coming down from the attic so it seemed only fitting to take the halloween decorations up. might i have left the halloween ones out? i feel so overwhelmed right now, that i really think i would have. although, i know i would have manged to pack the halloween decorations away by christmas. these days i am just getting by. getting by on minimal hours of sleep. nursing an 8 1/2 month year old every 3 hours. i really am at my breaking point. or was that last month. i try and remind myself, you have had only a few hours of sleep at a time, you will feel very tired, you will have to remain calm and count to 10, you need to get outside for at least 5 minutes, and you will be moody and grumpy and your emotions are like a roller coaster. even though my days and night run into each other and there really is no end to my day, i remind myself that you will get through the day and to take the time to enjoy special moments. the moments i have with my family, my husband, my daughter, my son and my dogs. take the time to enjoy the roses that are blooming in my garden. can you believe that, here in connecticut, in december, i have roses blooming? and would you look at those sparkling lights. how magical. how beautiful. keeping the peace, serenity and beauty of advent with me and my family. wishing you a beautiful advent.


Advent, Advent, a candle burns.
I light the night, my candle burns.
First one, then two, then three, then four.
My heart is shining like a star.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin