Monday, September 15, 2008

August perennials

I prefer the late yellow color of Helenium 'Double Trouble' over Black-eyed Susans. Miscanthus siensis 'Cosmopolitian' has a strong presence in the garden.


Amethyst 'Coral Berry' is bursting with pink berries.


I really appreciate the dark glossy foliage of Chelone lyonii 'Hot Lips' with the contrasting light flower.


Sedum 'Autumn Joy'


Coreopsis 'Moonbeam' will bloom until October, combined with Lantana montevidensis 'Sellowiana'


Joe Pye weed beginning to bloom with arches of Pennisetum cassian in view.


The short blooming Physostegia virginiana 'Summer Snow' packs a bright punch in the border.

A view of my last year's garden expansion.

I will need to expand the garden a little more and more some plants around to create more of the look I desire. The bee balm leaves a empty spot right in the center of my garden, so I am hoping move the bee balm to the end of the garden. This will also give the bee balm more room to expand and create a drift of color to attract some hummingbirds.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin